Immediate hire for Nonprofit Social Media/Digital Strategy Manager!
- Los Angeles area based
- Minimum 2-3 years’ progressive experience in social media, in the fields of Healthcare, Chronic Diseases, Medical Research or Medical Education
We are looking for a remote-based Nonprofit Social Media/Digital Strategy Manager to lead our digital, online strategy including our website and content development. Excellent communication skills and previous experience in all major social media platforms management are required. The Social Media/Digital Strategy Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience in and a passion for improving healthcare, medical education and/or research in the area of chronic disease.
Who we are:
Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) is a US based global nonprofit with affiliates in Canada and Australia. Since our inception in 2012, OMF has raised over $30 million to fund and facilitate research to improve health for millions suffering with multisystem chronic, complex diseases such as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), Long COVID, Post-Treatment Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia and others. We have established five research centers, under the direction of a remarkable 19 member scientific advisory board which includes 2 Nobel Laureates and 6 members of the National Academy of Sciences.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The social media/digital strategy manager has experience in and a strong understanding of all social media platforms (both paid and organic) including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter. Responsibilities include:
- Plan, strategize and set goals with a digital yearly calendar
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed. Compile reports for management showing results (ROI)
- Maintain brand identity, awareness and online reputation
- Content management (including website)
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily across all social media platforms
- Create targeted social media ads annually and during major fundraising campaigns
- Assist in setup and monitoring of Facebook and Instagram peer to peer campaigns
- Manage posts, incoming messages, comments and community management across all social media platforms
- Seek and post additional relevant content from outside sources that is informative and appealing for our audience
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns
- Support email campaign planning and development efforts as needed
- Technical proficiency using following applications:
- Canva, Hootsuite, Microsoft office / Google docs, Monday.com
- WordPress familiarity preferred
- Video editing experience preferred
- Familiarity with OMF’s mission, understanding of chronic disease/disability, or previous work in similar healthcare nonprofit organizations preferred
- Demonstrated work experience managing social media platforms for a healthcare organization
- Must have the ability and resources to work in an entirely virtual/remote office (Strong internet connection, working computer, quiet work space, etc)
- Excellent working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading, and editing skills
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills
- Critical thinker and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communications skills.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Team player
Job Type: Remote, independent contractor to full-time employee position with benefits after 3 months.
Salary: TBD based on experience
- Please email a resume and writing sample to HR@omf.ngo
- Please include “Social Media/Digital Strategy Manager” in the subject line
- Please include in your email message a brief statement with your location, and summary of your experience level and years in the field
Please share this with friends in the ME/CFS and Healthcare community